jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: Refactoring config handling
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:03:11 GMT
Hi,

Stefan wrote:
> +1, go ahead

Thanks, I'll start working on it.

> just being curious, what are you planning to do?

Nothing special for now. My main driver at the moment is just to get a
more intimate feeling of the Jackrabbit core and to help with some
simple issues. The config code is showing some "broken windows" effects
(duplicate code, etc.) caused by iterative development, and (inspired by
re-reading my copy of The Pragmatic Programmer :-) I feel I could be of
assistance.

PS. If the config refactoring goes without problems, I might as well
spend some extra time removing the JDOM dependency. :-)

Best regards,

Jukka Zitting