jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lock obsession
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:12:24 GMT
hi timur,

i think this may be same problem as discussed in another thread.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/762
and i think marcel has already changed the behaviour
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/775
so all you may need to do is to update the sources...

or am i confusing something?

regards,
david

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:45:14 +0100, Timur Evdokimov <timur@jacum.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone again,
>
> Yet another problem with Jackrabbit that bothers me are regular stacktraces
> thrown by Lucene indexer on Session.save() method.
>
> 2005-02-17 22:34:01,296 ERROR   [      :             :         ] -
> SearchManager                  - error indexing node.
> java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@write.lock
>        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:58)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:223)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:213)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.AbstractIndex.getIndexWriter(Abstra
> ctIndex.java:108)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.AbstractIndex.addDocument(AbstractI
> ndex.java:82)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.SearchIndex.addNode(SearchIndex.jav
> a:124)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.addNode(SearchManager.java:158)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.onEvent(SearchManager.java:300)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventConsumer.consumeEvents(EventCons
> umer.java:196)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationManagerFactory.dispatchEve
> nts(ObservationManagerFactory.java:216)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventStateCollection.dispatch(EventSt
> ateCollection.java:218)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.dispatch(SessionImpl.java:332)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.dispatch(XASessionImpl.java:308)
>        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:1281)
>        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:674)
>
> I haven't found exact patterns - how exactly it happens - but it seems that
> if there were changes during the session: like adding/deleting nodes and/or
> updating properties, I get something like this:
>
> 2005-02-17 22:39:48,968 ERROR   [      :             :         ] -
> SearchManager                  - error indexing node.
> java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@write.lock
>        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:58)
>        at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.aquireWriteLock(IndexReader.java:408)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.delete(IndexReader.java:432)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.delete(IndexReader.java:454)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.AbstractIndex.removeDocument(Abstra
> ctIndex.java:86)
>        at
> [...]

standardize your content-repository !
                               http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170