jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to call RepositoryImpl.shutdown() when using RegistryHelper
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:29:15 GMT
hi francis,

> > that's definitely not a good idea to shutdown the
> > entire repository when a session has logged out ;)
> Sure :) I did that just for debugging.
> > there's no need to explicitly shutdown the
> > repository as
> > this is done automatically through a ShutdownHook.
> > though be sure to not kill your jvm process but
> > terminate
> > it properly.
> I use Jackrabbit API from JSPs under Tomcat 5.5.7 and
> i don't know if hooks are called when processing JSPs
> (i don't know how hooks work). I'll google the web but
> if someone have the solution, it would be nice to post
> it here.
i think i had that issue a number times too, caused
through a variety of reasons (killed jvm, multiple
jackrabbit instances on the on the same
"repository-home").

personally, i think that this could be resolved in the
search implementation, in the sense that if it finds
an inconsistent lock, it would log that with a
single error and then remove it the "lock".
this should avoid that the logfiles are filled with the
same stacktrace ;), right ?

regards,
david
standardize your content-repository !