jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject jcr-taglib (used to be portlets, etc.)
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:12:35 GMT
hi edgar,

> I'm working on a set of tags that reads and displays jcr
> data. You can plug your custom traverse strategy and
> template engine, so I guess it fits your needs as long
> as you use jsp instead of xml/xsl for rendering your
> portlets.
> http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/edgarpoce/
cool, very interesting. i thought about
something similar too.
when i looked at your the set of tags i saw
a lot of similarities.

one thing that i thought of, was to introduce
something like a "current working directory" that
allows simple navigation in nodes.
something like:

<jcr:cd path="/level1/mytest">
  <jcr:out path="../bla/mynode" />
  <jcr:out path="/app:myprop" />
</jcr:cd>

i think this could also provide for more modular
jsp includes...
what do you think?

i initially thought of hooking-up the template
engine concept slightly differently.
overall it seems very interesting and i think it
could be valuable for the entire jcr community
to have well-known tag libraries.

regards,
david
standardize your content-repository !