jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and MPEG-21
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:34:39 GMT
hi david,

> >Are you aware of the fact that the licensing model for MPEG-21 might not
> >be compatible with an open source project?
> It does not seem to be an issue for the folks at DSPACE and LANL and their
> software is open source:
aside from licensing concerns and the fact that stefano
probably will be pleased to hear about "the folks
at dspace" ;) i am very interested in multimedia
and jackrabbit (or content repositories) in general.

recently, we (day software) put together a demo
with mp3 files that allows people to drag and drop
their gigabytes of mp3 into a repository through
webdav where all the meta information (album, title,
artist, bitrate, ...) gets extracted and put into properties.
of course as a result of being in the repository
everything is (fulltext-) searchable, referenceable
and versioned.

looking at the above information model it seems
like mpeg21 could also be modeled into a nodetype
hierarchy and therefore be natively represented
in a content repository.

does this make sense?

regards,
david