jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: JSR 170: Proposed Final Draft
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:04:04 GMT
Hi all,

After quite a bit of licensing discussions I am
happy to report on behalf of the JSR-170 Expert
Group that the "Content Repository API for Java
Technology" Specification has made the next
important step towards its completion.

During this stage according to JCP 2.6 we will
complete the "Reference Implementation" (RI)
and the "Technology Compatibility Kit" (TCK)
which both are under development here in
the jackrabbit project.

Now that the latest version is publically
available I would like to invite everybody to
give us feedback with respect to inconsistencies
or other deficiencies in the spec that may come
up during the implementation or the development
of the TCK, and send those to:
jsr-170-comments@jcp.org

Any feedback is very welcome.

During the completion of the TCK and RI
we will publish updates to the specification
containing minor fixes in the specification
honouring (public) feedback.

I would like to thank everyone for their
contributions and enthusiasm so far and
I am looking forward to see jackrabbit run
faster and further.

regards,
david