jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jaas login module (Modified by Suhail M. Ahmed)
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:28:23 GMT
hi suhail,

thanks a lot for your email.
> I have attached my first run at Jaas based authentication. I have
> attached a zip file containing the implementation in authenticate.zip.
> This archive also contains the custom nodetype that I needed to to
> store a user data in the repository. I have also attached a patch for
> RepositoryImpl.java where I have changed the login method to use the
> login module. Currently is is necessary to run the system first with
> the old RepositoryImpl to add the user and then with the patched
> version along with the new classes. This situation arises since I have
> not figured how  to configure workspaces with some default data. The
> API specifies that authentication be against workspaces so I presume,
> authentication data nodes be stored either locally with each workspace
> or as reference nodes at each workspace, I'd like to know what would be
> best. I personally would like the second option since I feel that
> security aught to be centralized.  The Main class should provide you
> with enough information about how I have been running things. Awaiting
> some feedback.

inspired by your contribution we will try to
commit something along the lines of what you
submitted in the coming days.

especially with respect to the repositoryimpl
extension that you suggested.

it would be great if you could check if the
extensions suit your needs and give some
feedback.

thanks a lot.
regards,
david