jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Never Mind - Solved it myself Re: Introduction followed by Dumb, Obvious Developer Question
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:31:06 GMT
hi chuck,

> I upgraded to the latest maven 1.0.2, whacked my maven repo, re-checked out
> JCR and voila - happy little unit tests run successfully.
> I will save my first dumb obvious question for later.
cool, looking forward to further discussions or comments from your end.

> > <blah-blah>
> > Hello to the JackRabbit community.  My name is Charles Severance, the Chief
> > Architect of the Sakai project - www.sakaiproject.org -
> > collab.sakaiproject.org has a sample system up and running.
> >
> > I am kicking the tires on Jackrabbit for possible adoption as the core of our
> > storage within Sakai (An open source collaboration and learning management
> > system).  If we were to jump in here with Jackrabbit, we would probably
> > write/improve/contribute an open source high performance implementation to
> > scale to 100000 users at a single site (yikes).   We are already well underway
> > to building a fast, scalable, hierarchical authorizaion system using
> > Hibernate.
> >
> > I have 2-3 developers to dedicate to this effort for the next six months if we
> > adopt Jackrabbit because our alternative is to write this ourselves from
> > scratch with our own API.
> > </blah-blah>
sounds great.  i would assume that your users would mostly read from
the repository? jackrabbit should be well suited for that.  do you have
any expectations with respect to how much content you are going to
store in the repository? or how frequently content is written to
the repository?

with respect to the hierarchical authorization, i would certainly be
interested to find out if the "soon-to-come" built-in native jackrabbit
authorization is going to suit your needs, both functionality and
performance-wise.

regards,
david