jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to call RepositoryImpl.shutdown() when using RegistryHelper
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:47:52 GMT
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:26:28 +0100 (CET), Francis Exocet
<exocet25@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've checked out jackrabbit sources yesterday and I'm
> having bugs with searches because of the write.lock
> file being persistent in the search index directory.
>
> In a previous message, marcel said to call the
> RepositoryFactory.shutdown() method.
> My question is how to call this method when using
> RegistryHelper ?
>
> For the moment i "resolved" the problem by puting
> rep.shutdown() at the end of SessionImpl.logout(). But
> this is not a good solution. For example, units tests

that's definitely not a good idea to shutdown the
entire repository when a session has logged out ;)

there's no need to explicitly shutdown the repository as
this is done automatically through a ShutdownHook.

though be sure to not kill your jvm process but terminate
it properly.

cheers
stefan