jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lost nodes after delete()?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:24:25 GMT
hi vadim,
your obsevations are correct. this results out of 2 reasons:
1) deleting a node does not delete its assosiated version history.
that means, the versionhistory and all its versions will be kept for
later restore. the VersionHistory.removeVersion() can remove versions.
the history itself cannot be removed, and will stay in the repository
for ever (jackrabbit will remove the VH when all its versions were
removed).
2) there is still a little bug in the versioning, that does not
properly remove persistence data of removed versions and/or version
labels. but this will be solved soon. i will create a jira issue for
this: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-50

cheers, tobi

--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel