jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to call RepositoryImpl.shutdown() when using RegistryHelper
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:03:05 GMT
> I use Jackrabbit API from JSPs under Tomcat 5.5.7 and
> i don't know if hooks are called when processing JSPs
> (i don't know how hooks work). I'll google the web but
> if someone have the solution, it would be nice to post
so you are saying, that each time you access the jsp, a new repository
is created and started? this might not be the best way how to use a
repository in a j2ee environment :-)
i suggest, you create/register the repository in a servlet that is
loaded on startup, and from within the jsp, you just lookup the
repository using jndi.

cheers, tobi
--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel