jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: URL of dependencies
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:53:30 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:08:57 +0000, Michael Wechner
><michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:
>

>>Rod Mackenzie wrote:
>>

>>>There's a list of dependencies at the following page, is this what
>>>you're looking for?
>>>
>>>http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/dependencies.html
>>>

>>well, this is the page I was refering too. My suggestion is to
>>add some more URLs to this page. I know what URLs to use, but I thought
>>it might help other people.
>>

>why? use maven to build jackrabbit. maven will download all dependencies
>for you. absolutely no need to do that manually.

because the libraries are needed to run a Jackrabbit based application
and one might want to use them within another project which is not Maven
based. Even if Maven might be nice, I don't think one can expect everyone
else using Maven.

But what about posting at least the ibiblio URL

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/

whereas I don't think it's really sufficient because it seems to me
that ibiblio didn't require a project URL or more human readable description
so far, but I am not sure if this has changed in the meantime

http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html

Michi

--
Michael Wechner