jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and MPEG-21
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:45:11 GMT
David Dabbs wrote:

> (C) The funny thing with things DSpace is that whatever one contributes
> becomes HP copyright.  Quite a problem in the community, I think.  Anyhow,
> here is what is included in the software:
>
>   *
>   * Copyright (c) 2002, Hewlett-Packard Company and Massachusetts
>   * Institute of Technology.  All rights reserved.

FYI, the dspace group is going thru the process of creating a software
foundation to solve exactly the above problem... too bad that these
things take forever and a half when big institutions like HP and MIT are
involved.

Also, I have to say, this guys shows very little awareness of copyright
law, which does not really make me feel warm and fuzzy when they state
they know the IP status of their spec.

If they think that soliciting ISO to make the spec available for free is
all we have to be concerned about, they have a long way to go to
understand how Apache incubation works.

--
Stefano.