jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Peeter Piegaze <peeter.pieg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit with a RDBMS
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:00:11 GMT
It also replaces that. You don't need to worry about how Jackrabbit
stores the data. For example, in theory there could be a persistence
manager for Jackrabbit that uses MySQL but you as the client using the
API would never have worry about that or even know about it in the
first place.

The value of Jackrabbit, and any JSR170 impl. is that abstracts away
those kinds of storage details and provides instead a content-oriented
API that your app can use.

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:03:04 -0800 (PST), Manoj Prasad
<manoj_ca@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Peeter,
>
> I'm starting to see the light. So lastly, does Jackrabbit have an interface to something
like MySQL, or does it also replace that?