jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Peeter Piegaze <peeter.pieg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit with a RDBMS
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 02:40:53 GMT
Hi Manoj,

You are confusing the JSR-170 specification with Jackrabbit, which is
simply one implementation of that spec. The section you are referring
to in the spec is a general discussion about how one might build a
JSR-170 implementation; it is not a description of the functionality
of Jackrabbit in particular.

If I understand the gist of your question, what you want to do is
figure out how to integrate your application with Jackrabbit. The
answer is that Jackrabbit replaces the JDBC layer in your model. Your
app talks to Jackrabbit instead of to JDBC.