jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Prasad <manoj...@yahoo.com>
Subject JCRTest.java NullPointerException
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:33:07 GMT
Hi,

This run time error results during the call to
RegistryHelper.registerRepository.

The actual point of failure is in the first line of
VersioningConfig because the passed variable is NULL.
The code from RepositoryConfig.java is below:

// load versioning config
Element vElement =
config.getRootElement().getChild(VERSIONING_ELEMENT);
      vConfig = new VersioningConfig(vElement, vars);

The variable vElement is NULL because getChild returns
NULL because no elements exist in the repository yet.
I'm guessing an element should exist, but I'm not sure
what I'm missing to have that happen.

Let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanks.
Manoj