jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Timur Evdokimov" <ti...@jacum.com>
Subject RE: Lock obsession
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:46:54 GMT

Hi

I've updated to latest SVN code and that problem mysteriously disappeared.
Thanks.

T.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nuescheler [mailto:david.nuescheler@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:12 AM
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lock obsession

hi timur,

i think this may be same problem as discussed in another thread.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/762
and i think marcel has already changed the behaviour
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/775
so all you may need to do is to update the sources...

or am i confusing something?

regards,
david

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:45:14 +0100, Timur Evdokimov <timur@jacum.com> wrote:

> [...]
> stacktraces thrown by Lucene indexer on Session.save() method.
>
> 2005-02-17 22:34:01,296 ERROR   [      :             :         ] -
> SearchManager                  - error indexing node.
> java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@write.lock
>        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:58)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:223)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:213)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.AbstractIndex.getIndexWriter(
> Abstra
> ctIndex.java:108)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.AbstractIndex.addDocument(Abs
> tractI
> ndex.java:82)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.SearchIndex.addNode(SearchInd
> ex.jav
> a:124)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.addNode(SearchManager.java:158)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.onEvent(SearchManager.java:300)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventConsumer.consumeEvents(Eve
> ntCons
> umer.java:196)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationManagerFactory.dispa
> tchEve
> nts(ObservationManagerFactory.java:216)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventStateCollection.dispatch(E
> ventSt
> ateCollection.java:218)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.dispatch(SessionImpl.java:332)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.dispatch(XASessionImpl.java:308)
>        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:1281)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:674)
>
> I haven't found exact patterns - how exactly it happens - but it seems
> that if there were changes during the session: like adding/deleting
> nodes and/or updating properties, I get something like this:
>
> 2005-02-17 22:39:48,968 ERROR   [      :             :         ] -
> SearchManager                  - error indexing node.
> java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@write.lock
>        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:58)
>        at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.aquireWriteLock(IndexReader.java:408)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.delete(IndexReader.java:432)
>        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.delete(IndexReader.java:454)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.AbstractIndex.removeDocument(

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.search.lucene.SearchIndex.deleteNode(SearchIndex.
> java:155)
>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.deleteNode(SearchManager.java:172)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.onEvent(SearchManager.java:259)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventConsumer.consumeEvents(Eve
> ntCons
> umer.java:196)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationManagerFactory.dispa
> tchEve
> nts(ObservationManagerFactory.java:216)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventStateCollection.dispatch(E
> ventSt
> ateCollection.java:218)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.dispatch(SessionImpl.java:332)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.dispatch(XASessionImpl.java:308)
>        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:1281)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:674)
>
> What is quite surprising is that despite these exceptions, repository
> does function properly - everything is saved and retrieved like a
clockwork!

> My repository.xml looks like this:

> <Repository>
>    <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>        <param name="path" value="${rep.home}"/>
>    </FileSystem>
>
>    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
> defaultWorkspace="default"/>
>
>    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
>        <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/ws"/>
>        </FileSystem>
>
>        <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.obj.ObjectPersistenceManager"/
> >

>        <SearchIndex>
>            <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>                <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
>            </FileSystem>
>        </SearchIndex>
>    </Workspace>
>
>    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
>
>          <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>              <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/version"/>
>          </FileSystem>
>        <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.obj.ObjectPersistenceManager"/
> >

>    </Versioning>
>
> </Repository>
>
> I'm not sure whether this is inherent Jackrabbit problem, or Lucene
> problem, or org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem
> problem... Anyway, does it ring a bell?
>
> Best regards,
> Timur

standardize your content-repository !
                               http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170

recipient, please do not read, copy, or use it, and do not disclose it to
others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this
message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.

The sender does not assume any liability for timely, trouble free, complete,
virus free, secure, error free or uninterrupted arrival of this e-mail. For
verification please request a hard copy version.

mailto:david.nuescheler@day.com
http://www.day.com

David Nuescheler
Chief Technology Officer