jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Exocet <exoce...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: How to call RepositoryImpl.shutdown() when using RegistryHelper
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:09:51 GMT
Stefan,

> that's definitely not a good idea to shutdown the
> entire repository when a session has logged out ;)
Sure :) I did that just for debugging.

> there's no need to explicitly shutdown the
> repository as
> this is done automatically through a ShutdownHook.
> though be sure to not kill your jvm process but
> terminate
> it properly.
I use Jackrabbit API from JSPs under Tomcat 5.5.7 and
i don't know if hooks are called when processing JSPs
(i don't know how hooks work). I'll google the web but
if someone have the solution, it would be nice to post
it here.

Thanks for your quick reply.

regards,
Francis