jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Dabbs" <da...@dabbs.net>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and MPEG-21
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:39:52 GMT

> david.nuescheler wrote
> looking at the above information model it seems like mpeg21 could also be
> modeled into a nodetype hierarchy and therefore be natively represented in
> a content repository.
>
> does this make sense?

Absolutely. That's why I suggested MPEG-21 'awareness' or compatibility for
the JCR.

David,

Thanks for your answer and your interest. I sent e-mails to a number of
folks who might be able to give some insight into the question of IP
encumbrances for MPEG-21. Jeroen Bekaert of LANL responded. He pointed me to
a post by Herbert van de Sompel (LANL creator of OpenURL)

   http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10818549

which basically says "we (MPEG committee) want DID open and _all_ MPEG-21
related XML openly published by ISO."

Best,

David