jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Prasad <manoj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: BadXSLT in maven.xml
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:50:10 GMT
That worked! Thanks, Jukka.

Yes, I am using JDK 1.5 and I would recommend updating
the README.txt file to include this additional step.

Regards,
Manoj

--- Jukka Zitting <jz@yukatan.fi> wrote:

> Hi Manoj,
>
> You wrote:
> > I'm eager to try this out, but I'm getting the
> > following build error:
> > [...]
> > I figure it's related to the BadXSLT comment in
> > maven.xml, but not sure how to fix it.
>
> Are you using JDK 1.5?
>
> I believe you are experiencing the exact same
> problem that we had about
> a month ago. It's a known issue with no good
> solution. A workaround is
> to download the Xalan binaries and place xalan.jar
> in
> $MAVEN_HOME/lib/endorsed. For more details, please
> check the longer
> message included below.
>
> PS. Should we place this issue in Jira or in an FAQ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jukka Zitting
>
> ----
>
> Hi all,
>
> <summary>
> Place xalan.jar in $MAVEN_HOME/lib/endorsed to build
> the latest (since
> 2004-12-22) Jackrabbit sources with JDK 1.5.
> </summary>
>
> Below is a description of the details of the
> problem. I hope someone
> finds this useful.
>
> I ran into the same problem as Oliver Kiessler after
> updating my source
> tree. I'd like to keep using JDK 1.5, so I first
> traced the problem to
> the following lines in maven.xml (line breaks added
> for clarity):
>
> <!-- The following is a hack to get xslt work with
> maven
>       (See: http://maven.apache.org/faq.html#BadXSLT
> ) -->
> ${systemScope.setProperty(
>       'javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory',

'org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl')}

> The JavaCC grammar in src/grammar/xpath makes heavy
> use of XSLT, and the
> following ant:xslt entries in maven.xml handle the
> transformations:
>
>        <ant:xslt style="src/grammar/xpath/strip.xsl"
>
> in="src/grammar/xpath/xpath-grammar.xml"
>
> out="src/grammar/xpath/stripped-xpath-grammar.xml"
>               force="yes">
>        </ant:xslt>
>        <ant:xslt
> style="src/grammar/xpath/jjtree-jackrabbit.xsl"
>
> in="src/grammar/xpath/stripped-xpath-grammar.xml"
>               out="src/grammar/xpath/XPath.jjt"
>               force="yes">
>        </ant:xslt>
>
> The systemScope.setProperty() hack is needed to make
> the ant:xslt task
> work properly with Maven (see [1]). However, as
> mentioned in the
> comments of the associated bug entry [2], this hack
> doesn't work with
> JDK 1.5 that uses the new Xalan XSLTC compiler at

com.sum.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-156