jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "LOMBART Christophe" <Christophe.LOMB...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject Re: JCR, Portlets and usecases
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:52:39 GMT
Rickard Öberg wrote:

> So here are my actual questions:
> * Is anyone else going to use JCR in the context of portlets?

Yes for the the Graffito project (http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/). Graffito will be
the default CMS solution for Jetspeed 2.  JCR is not integrated but we plan to do it ASAP.
We are looking for some JCR experts who want to contribute in Graffito.

> * If yes, how do you see it being used, commonly? As above, with XML(SAX)+XSL, or in
some other way?

Another way :-). We have a persistence layer which can map a specific CMS object model into
the Graffito object model. This Graffito object model is used by the portlet itself.
For the menus, Jetspeed 2 has a page/site manager and we plan to write a Graffito implementation
for this Jetspeed 2 service.

> * Are there any tools, like the SAX-exporter outlined above, which could/should be made
available within the Jackrabbit context?

> Any other general thoughts related to JCR and Portlets would also be most welcome :-)

Same thing for us :-)

Regards,
Christophe