jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: docu patch
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:16:21 GMT
Hi all,

There seems to be some amount of confusion about how to check out and
build Jackrabbit sources. One cause for this problem is the terse cvs-
usage page generated by Maven. The cause for the lousy page is a problem
(MPXDOC-130 [1]) in the Maven xdoc plugin. The problem has already been
fixed in the development version, but we'll probably need to wait for
Maven 1.0.3 before the improvement will be visible on the Jackrabbit
site.

To fix the immediate need I've just committed another documentation
change to xdocs/download.xml that adds more detailed instructions for
downloading and building the sources. The change removes the link to the
cvs-usage page and adds an updated version of the download and build
instructions from the README.txt file.

PS. Now that Maven 1.0.2 includes the Ant plugin 1.8.1 mentioned in the
README.txt file, I suggest that we simplify the instructions by just
requiring Maven 1.0.2 instead of Maven 1.0 + Ant plugin 1.8.1.

PPS. Is it a policy that Jackrabbit will not make public releases before
JSR 170 is ready? If so, should I add a note about it to the download
page? Currently the download page just says: "There are no releases
available."

BR,

Jukka Zitting

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPXDOC-130