jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: JCR, Portlets and usecases
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:42:19 GMT
Hi Rickard,

Rickard Öberg wrote:
> * Are there any tools, like the SAX-exporter outlined above, which
> could/should be made available within the Jackrabbit context?

I'm working on a general set of XML import/export tools for JCR. (See
the earlier thread on my contrib/jcr-ext proposal.) One part of the
toolset is an XML export visitor that uses only the public JCR API. It
would probably be easy to subclass the general export visitor to suit
your needs. I'll see if I could add some utility hooks to make the task
even easier.

An early version (alpha quality!) of my XML export classes is available
in svn://svn.yukatan.fi/public/yukatan/trunk/jcr-ext, but my current
plan is to migrate the classes to the main Jackrabbit source tree.
There's however some policy and API stability issues to work out before
I can commit the classes. You may also want to check out the internal
XML exporter classes in org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.

Best regards,

Jukka Zitting