jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Fiscato Luca" <luca.fisc...@eng.it>
Subject Searches
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:10:15 GMT
Hi all,

first of all excuse me for my english.
I'm using jackrabbit to implements a simple CMS application.
I'm able to add new node and property, to retrive information about a node, to erase a node
and to perform restore operation but I'm not able to perform searches inside the repository.

I have written  different query with xpath sintax and jcqrl but no one of them return me some
result. All the java api call execute, no one exception is raised but the result is always
empty.

A simple query like this "//*" or "/*" doesn't return any result.

The appllication store new node inside the repository tree with a nodeFather.addNode operation
and a nodeFather.save(). Each node can have properties set by the user.

I have tried to debug the application and I find that the code create always a Lucene query
for retrive information so I have look at the lucene index.

After a lot of attemps I have write a little program that show all document and the relative
fields stored inside the Lucene index and the result is that for each node created into the
index will  be create a document with only a UUID and PARENT field.

Probably this is the problem, why there'is only this inforamation ? where are the oher information
that can be userd in a query ?

Someone can help me ? please ......

The jackrabbit configuration is:

<Repository>

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

<param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository"/>

</FileSystem>

<Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="CMS"/>

<Workspace name="${wsp.name}">

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

<param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/wspStore"/>

</FileSystem>

<PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.xml.XMLPersistenceManager"/>

<SearchIndex>

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

<param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>

</FileSystem>

</SearchIndex>

</Workspace>

<Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

<param name="path" value="${rep.home}/version/versionStore"/>

</FileSystem>

<PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.xml.XMLPersistenceManager"/>

</Versioning>

</Repository>

Thanks to all