jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Melament <MELAM...@il.ibm.com>
Subject XPath queries
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:17:47 GMT

Hello,

I have tried to run XPath query as following:

            QueryManager qM = workSpace.getQueryManager();
            String[] langSupport = qM.getSupportedQueryLanguages();
            for(int i = 0; i < langSupport.length; i++)
            {
                System.out.println("language support[" + langSupport[i] +
"]");
            }

from code above I have understood that XPath queries are supported. However
when I am trying to run the following code, the
javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: unknown language is thrown

            Query q = qM.createQuery("//my-first-node",
Query.XPATH_DOCUMENT_VIEW);

Do you support  XPath queries?

Another question is, can I create a node types using system/document view.
Where can I find an example?

Thanks,
      Alex