jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject XMLPersistenceManager problem and Happy new year :)
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:34:29 GMT
Hi
  I'm a new user of jackrabbit. After running a few test cases which
produced abnormal terminations caused by misuse of the API the
repository got broken. I mean broken because the dump example from
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/firststeps.html started to throw
ItemNotFoundException. At some point the root node remained pointing to
a child already deleted.

I dived into the code and found that XMLPersistenceManager adds child
node entries without checking the existence of the node.xml file (line
233). I think it should add only checked nodes and log an error message
when an inconsistency is found.

One more thing, it took me a time to realize how to register custom
namespaces and nodetypes. Maybe a hint in firststeps.html would help. I
added a line in ns_reg.properties and created a file called
custom_nodetypes.xml in /repository/nodetypes. Is it the right way?

Best regards
Edgar