jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From mats <m...@alma.nu>
Subject BerkelyDB
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:37:48 GMT
Hi,
I noticed that Sleepycat has released Berkeley DB XML 2.0.
I was just wondering if anyone on the list has any input on wether it
can or cannot be used as a backend/store implementation for the rabbit?

It supports XQuery, XPath2.0 and has different types of containers for
adding documents:
* Wholedoc Containers - The container contains entire documents; the
documents are stored "as is" without any manipulation of line breaks or
whitespace.
* Node containers - XmlDocuments are stored as individual nodes in the
container. That is, each record in the underlying database contains a
single leaf node, its attributes and attribute values if any, and its
text nodes, if any. BDB XML also keeps the information it needs to
reassemble the document from the individual nodes stored in the
underlying databases.

http://www.sleepycat.com/xml_update/2.0.7/relnote.2.0.7.html

/Mats