jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Peeter Piegaze <peeter.pieg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Domains and users
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:49:38 GMT
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:03:45 +0100, Oliver Kiessler
<oliver.kiessler@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> I am currently getting started on jackrabbit JCR. I am wondering if I
> should keep users accessing my knowledge management system within the
> repository (like in node "/global/users/..."? Is there a best practice
> or recommondation?

Since there are currently few "practices" there are very few "best
practices" :-) But yeah, it is certainly a reasonable: if you need to
store user info you may as well do it within the repository itself.

> How about domains? Let's assume I have an enterprise with lots of
> divisions. Would I create a new workspace for every division or
> seperate them in different node branches like
> "/domains/enterprise_xy/a/content/...",
> "/domains/enterprise_xy/b/content/..."?

probably the latter...depends what you want to do