jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From jocsch <joc...@freaquac.de>
Subject Node.orderBefore(String,String)
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:16:36 GMT
Me again with a jsr 170 question.

Why does orderBefore take two String arguments.
Until I miss something this can/will only work if you have the full node name
like
parentNode.orderBefore("tst:case[2]","tst:case[3]");

Getting the full node name is not straight foreward because getName() only
returns the name without position. It is necessary to retrieve the path and
grep the substring with the name+position.

Three issues came up doing so:

1) There is room for improvement in the spec. Why isn't there a method which
accepts UUIDs or Nodes or whatever?

2) It's better to not have same name siblings (so the name is sufficient to
distinguish them).

3) There is another possibility to solve this, I haven't recognized.

Any comments?

Thanks,
 Markus