jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCA Connector
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:25:52 GMT
hi oli,

> I understand Jackrabbit requires an application server anyway and
> already has the required JTA integration. Integration into connection
> pooling seems obsolete either - as there are no connections :)
well, not really.
first of all, jackrabbit does not require a j2ee appserver.
whenever transactions are used a jta tm has to present.
secondly, pooling does not only apply to tcp connections
but to any heavy weight resource...

> So, correct me if I am wrong, but there seems to be no need for a JCA
> implementation.
au contraire ;), jca is probably the suggested implementation
to integrate a repository with the resource management
of a j2ee appserver.

what, can i say... yes, we are thinking of doing a jca implementation
which is already hinted in the jackrabbit deployment.
having the xaResource already available should make the jca
implementation relatively straight forward, interestingly enough we
have already tested an integration with all the major j2ee appserver
through jca... (we == dominique ;) )

regards,
david
standardize your content-repository !