jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Order of events question
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:21:20 GMT
> I've implemented the event framework that is used in Slide. All
> event that occur inside a single transaction remain their order and
> this is very userful:
> If you for example add a resource and delete the same resource
> afterwards, an event filer can be used to sort out double events.
> This is extremly useful if you want to update a search index
> after (or before) transaction commit. As this is time consuming,
> event optimization is very, very useful. This can only be
> achieved, when the event order is preserved.
well, that's exactly what i meant by "reverting an
operation" in my last post, by "WHAT" not "HOW".
if you create and then afterwards delete an item
in transient space, it is a null operation, therefore
in jackrabbit you will not even get the event.
the transient space allows the repository to take care
of the event optimization.

standardize your content-repository !

David Nuescheler
Chief Technology Officer