jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Order of events question
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:55:44 GMT
hmm...

> I agree with Johal that the most natural ofter would have been the one
> in which they occured.

well, unfortunately things are bit more complicated.
in jsr-170 the observation is to reflect WHAT was
changed in a repository and not HOW that change
was achieved. additionally all the changes are
applied in an atomic fashion through save() or
the commit of a transaction.

especially since also subtrees of a repository
can be saved() and operations can be
reverted for example by moving a node from
to a new location and then moving it back,
and obviously there are operations like a delete
that cause possibly a large number of events.
defining the order of events becomes quite
complicated and we were not able to come
up with an application that would need a natural
order of events that are produced by an atomic
commit.

because we were not able to come up with
that application, i was wondering what application
johal built, that requires the chronologic order of
events inside an atomic commit especially
since the transient space does require a
particular order of operations to achieve a
certain final result.

regards,
david
standardize your content-repository !