jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public NodeType Library (pntl)
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:45:03 GMT
hi david,

> This is a very interesting discussion.  However, I propose that we discuss
> things like this on the standard EG email list.
> This is the TCK email list right?  This seems more like an EG
> discussion than a TCK discussion.

jackrabbit is amongst other things also hosting the tck and
the ri. however, primarily it is an opensource repository
implementation, and therefore will define many things that are
outside the scope of the jsr-170 spec.

this includes implementation details such as how to register a
nodetype, how to manage users, access control or workspaces.

nodetypes for those and other content repository
internals and applications is not something that should
be mandated through jsr-170, and therefore those
discussions should not concern the expert group
directly.
of course every member of the expert group is and
has been cordially invited to join the discussions in
the jackrabbit-dev list.

regards,
david
standardize your content-repository !