jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding WebDAV to Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:16:27 GMT
hi oli,

how paul put it earlier on this mailing list:
"I could well be teaching grandma to suck eggs here,
so for apologies for that ..."

> What is XASession.getXAResource() intended for? When
> talking about transactions I was wondering why there is
> a new interface for transaction while JTA defines one.
is there?? it clearly was out intention to just use JTA. if we
didn't it must have been clearly by accident. ;)
well, the getXAResource() returns a javax.transaction.xa.XAResource
is to enlist the resource in a xa transaction with the transaction
monitor, which is something that has been successfully tested
through implementing a resource adapter with the transaction
managers of all the major j2ee appservers even for container
managed transactions. i think i do not your question.

> Additionally, I do not quite understand if this transction is
> what the user should use (why prepare then?) or if it is
> something used by the TM (still why prepare then?).
> Are these distributed transactions? If so which are the
> parts of the distributed transactions? What is
> TransactionalStore for? What is PlaybackListener for?
well, of course the user should interact with the transactional
aspects of the repository through UserTransaction if anything,
since the interactions with transactions can also be left up
to the container... but since i am way out of my league
here, maybe dominique, who i think did an excellent job
at implementing the tx for jackrabbit, can answer your
questions in a much conciser fashion than i ever could ;)

regards,
david