jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Transactions [former: Adding WebDAV to Jackrabbit]
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:33:41 GMT
Yes, anyone lives in his/her own world. Me as well :)

Actually Slide has its own JTA implementation! I do not know what
historical even was causing this, but it at least has the benefit that
you do not need a full J2EE server. The drawback was/is that it is
pretty hard to let Slide participate in a distributed transaction of a
J2EE server. As the server side Slide API is suboptimal (hihi) to
program to and it is hard to change the transaction manager the
solution was to create a client side JCA connector talking WebDAV to
Slide that can participate in a JTA transaction of your J2EE server.
This way you have a simply API (client side) to program to as well.

Having said that, maybe it gets a bit easier to understand where I am
coming from. Maybe it even is easier to explain what are the
differences in Jackrabbit.

Oliver