jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Adding WebDAV to Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:39:39 GMT
Ooops, that should have gone to the jackrabbit list..

Oliver

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 00:03:43 +0100
Subject: Re: Adding WebDAV to Jackrabbit
To: david.nuescheler@day.com

Hi David, thanks for the quick answer!

Comments folllow inline.

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:48:50 +0100, David Nuescheler
<david.nuescheler@gmail.com> wrote:
> in jackrabbit i think we could start with a very straight
> forward acl based authorization model and in my mind
> user / group information should also be reflected in
> the repository. during the specification we thought
> of a mixin nodetype called "accessControllable" which
> would lead us to a very simple yet powerful
> implementation to get started.

Could you provide details please? Are negative and/or inheritable
rights planned? If so how would the algorithm to determine access
rights look like?

> > Can I make use of the transaction manager? Why haven
> > the JTA interfaces not been used?
> yes, you can (should) use a transaction manager.
> hmmm... are you looking beyond the XASession.getXAResource() ?

How would a request using the TM look like? The classes in
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.tx confuse me a bit...

What is XASession.getXAResource() intended for? When talking about
transactions I was wondering why there is a new interface for
transaction while JTA defines one. Additionally, I do not quite
understand if this transction is what the user should use (why prepare
then?) or if it is something used by the TM (still why prepare then?).
 Are these distributed transactions? If so which are the parts of the
distributed transactions? What is TransactionalStore for? What is
PlaybackListener for?

Thanks for helping :)

Oliver