jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First steps
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:45:43 GMT
hi oliver,
thanks for your interest in jackrabbit.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:30:11 +0100, Oliver Kiessler
<oliver.kiessler@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi everybody,
> I just started checking out jackrabbit a couple of days ago and I find
> it very interessting. I am currently looking for some more information
> about it and jcr but that is kinda hard to find.
>
> I tried out the "first steps" from the project page and it works good
> for me. I am looking for information especially about Content Node
> types.

the best place would be the "Node Types" chapter in jsr170 specification.
you can download it here:
http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr170/

note that jackrabbit is using a more recent version of the api (which
unfortunately
is not yet publicly available). the node type section in the v0.12
spec should still
be accurate though.

did you play around with the live demo at http://jcr.day.com ?
this is a webapp that is using jackrabbit. it also has a node type editor.

> Node n=rn.addNode("testnode", "nt:unstructured");
>
> In this example "nt:unstructured" is used. What types are available?
> How can I add me own?

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.registerNodeType(NodeTypeDef)

note that creating node types is not covered by the jsr170 spec, i.e. it's not
part of the jcr api and therefore implementation specific.

cheers
stefan