jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jacking into the rabbit
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:54:41 GMT
hi rickard,
thanks for your interest (and courage ;).

take a look at the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.PersistenceManager
interface;
the persistence manager is responsible for loading and storing the
state of a node
or property. there are currently two implementations in jackrabbit: both
XMLPersistenceManager and ObjectPersistenceManager store the state in
a virtual file system (that's another SPI), one using XML, the other a simple
serialiization format (using DataInput/DataOutput). take a look at
ObjectPersistenceManager  for an example.

Implementing a PersistenceManager that's using a different persistence
format/layer should be easy and straight forward. i did a couple quick&dirty
implementations just for experimenting.

the persistence manager (and virtual file system) to be used is
specified in the repository.xml and workspace.xml files.

hope this helps.

cheers
stefan