jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie questions
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:43:31 GMT
hi marcel,

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:40:19 +0100, Marcel Overdijk
<marceloverdijk@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 1. When will there be a public beta or alpha release available?

we don't have a formal release plan/mgmt yet.

the next version of the jsr 170 specification (the JCR api) available
to the public will be the proposed final draft (which we hope to have
ready by the end of the year). you can find more information on
jsr 170 here: http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170

the idea is to have jackrabbit feature complete (i.e. implementing all
mandatory and optional features defined by the jsr 170 spec)
shortly after the proposed final draft of the jsr 170 spec has been
released (i.e. around jan/feb 05).

> 2. What is the current development status?

you can see a live demo here: http://jsr170tools.day.com
this is a webfrontend for jackrabbit.

currently the major features not yet implemented are locking &
jaas support.

> 3. What will be included in Jackrabbit?

that's something that needs to be discussed in the community.
primary focus will certainly be a complete implementation of the
jsr 170 spec (incl. all 'optional' features).

cheers
stefan