jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: What is a workspace?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 23:28:41 GMT
On Nov 5, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> I have problems understanding what a workspace is. I haven (really!)
> read the spec, but still have no real idea. Is there anything
> comparable I might know or an example that could illustrate it to me?

Workspace is the common term in configuration management systems
for a checked-out set of nodes that is resident on the server
but not yet committed, just like CVS calls your local copy of
the source code a workspace.  Think of it as a hidden branch of
the tree that is private to your application until it is saved.

....Roy