jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the 1mn test: first jackrabbit performance and scalability tests
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:03:48 GMT
Il giorno 10/nov/04, alle 15:39, Stefan Guggisberg ha scritto:

> ok, i did a couple of quick test runs, using the above code (adding
> 1000 child nodes and calling save() afterwards, invoked in a loop) :
>
> 1. InMem, not surprisingly ;), yielded the best results; ca. 3
> sec./1000 nodes
> 2. Object with CQFileSystem scored 2nd: ca. 5-6 sec./1000 nodes
> 3. Object with LocalFileSystem, not surprisingly either, showed the
> worst
>     performance: ca. 30 sec./1000 nodes

I ran the code you posted on my local box and the results are mostly
comparable. However, I got a big performance boost when using the
LocalFileSystem on a Reiser4 filesystem (Linux 2.6.8): between 4 and 5
times faster then ext3!

The reason I'm doing this is because I want to explore whether Reiser's
support for metadata [1] can be somehow put to use together with
Jackrabbit.

> because InMem obviously should only be used in testing environments
> i would currently recommend using Object with CQFileSystem for best
> performance.

Is this CQFilesyste proprietary of Day or is it available to the public?

	Ugo

[1] http://www.namesys.com/v4/pseudo.html

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/