jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: JCR over RMI
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:15:14 GMT
Hi all,

Stefan, thanks for the pointer to earlier work! Much appreciated.

Stefan Guggisberg:
> i think it's too early to add your code as it is to jackrabbit because it's
> currently missing implementations for most of the core methods.

Quite understandable. As I mentioned, the patch is a "release early"
version, posted mainly for comments. :-)

Anyhow, based on your feedback, I'll be working on the JCR-RMI patch for
a while to make it feature-complete (at least JCR level 1). If anyone is
interested in participating, please let me know. I'll post updates to
http://zitting.name/jukka/2004/jcr-rmi/, and will get back to this list
once I'm ready to announce a (semi-) final version.

> btw: in the expert group we're currently working on v0.16 of the spec.
> this will be internally released later this week. i intend to port
 > jackrabbit to v0.16 within the next 2-3 weeks. there won't be any major
 > changes in the api, though. i leave it to you to decide whether you want
> to wait for v0.16 or not.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll continue with 0.15 and port to 0.16
once I'm done.

Best regards,

Jukka Zitting
jukka@zitting.name