jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Newbie question on JCRQL
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:06:12 GMT
> [1] Using a JCRQL statement without "WHERE" clauses,
> its query does not work well.
> Suppose we have the sample repository of importing xml file
> in the page of "First Steps".
>
> (a) SELECT * FROM * WHERE width LIKE "*"
> (b) SELECT * FROM *

this is correct, the current implementation of JCRQL is not complete and
queries without where clauses don't work correctly. however using a
query to get all nodes in the workspace does not make much sense, does it?
There are also other areas which are not finished, e.g. 'order by'

> Result of query (a) has two nodes, but (b) has no nodes.
> I used the Jackrabbit of spec 0.14 tag in the svn repository.
> Could you give me any suggestion?
>

> [2] Can we omit "FROM" clauses in JCRQL statements?
> We find that "FROM" clauses are required in the section 6.9.6
> of JSR170(v0.12), but they are optional in 6.9.7 .

another reason for the intermediate state of the query support in
jackrabbit is the ongoing specification work in this area. in the next
draft version of jsr170 jcrql will be replaced by standard SQL syntax
and a datamodel mapping definition.
which means, jcrql will eventually disappear from the jackrabbit
implementation.

regards
  marcel