jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Order of events question
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:33:45 GMT
> Hi,
> I've implemented the event framework that is used in Slide. All event that occur inside
a single transaction remain their order and this is very userful:
> If you for example add a resource and delete the same resource afterwards, an event filer
can be used to sort out double events. This is extremly useful if you want to update a search
index after (or before) transaction commit. As this is time consuming, event optimization
is very, very useful. This can only be achieved, when the event order is preserved.
> Cheers,
> Daniel

i think a search index update is exactly an application where
chonological ordering is not desired. usually it is less expensive when
you can batch index updates. e.g. first wipe out removed items and then
add new ones.

regards,
  marcel