jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Order of events question
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:01:28 GMT
j.alkjaer@gmail.com wrote:

> We are trying to use the event system, to perform some replication
> between some nodes (translated versions of a master file actually)
> The EventListner receives the events in some sorted fashion (based on
> type) as opposed to the order they occured. Whats the rationale behind
> this?

The sort order of events is not specified in the jcr specification. in
jackrabbit the sequence of actions modifying the (transient) workspace
is not recorded. at the end of a transaction we simply have a more or
less unordered set of actions that were taken on the workspace. Which
means the events generated from those actions are not ordered either (in
respect to when they occured).

regards
  marcel