jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public NodeType Library (pntl)
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:24:49 GMT
David B Victor wrote:

> This is a very interesting discussion.  However, I propose that we discuss
> things like this on the standard EG email list.  This is the TCK email
> list right?

No, it's not. This is an apache list about an open source project that
is incubating with the objective to implement the JSR 170 specification.

Whether or not the JSR 170 group uses the outcome of this project as the
official RI and TCK, that's another matter entirely and it's not a
concern for the ASF in general.

> This seems more like an EG discussion than a TCK discussion.

As I wrote, I strongly think that the benefit of the JSR 170 spec is
that it does not deal with ontological specification of the metadata.

Do you want to have another query language fight over the ontology for
workflow definitions? what about the taxonomy of user groups?

I don't.

--
Stefano.