jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From shirasu hiroyuki <hi...@s9.dion.ne.jp>
Subject Newbie question on JCRQL
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:31:26 GMT
Dear Jackrabbit developers,

I have just started working with Jackrabbit,
and I have a few questions relating to the JCRQL.

[1] Using a JCRQL statement without "WHERE" clauses,
its query does not work well.
Suppose we have the sample repository of importing xml file
in the page of "First Steps".

(a) SELECT * FROM * WHERE width LIKE "*"
(b) SELECT * FROM *

Result of query (a) has two nodes, but (b) has no nodes.
I used the Jackrabbit of spec 0.14 tag in the svn repository.
Could you give me any suggestion?

[2] Can we omit "FROM" clauses in JCRQL statements?
We find that "FROM" clauses are required in the section 6.9.6
of JSR170(v0.12), but they are optional in 6.9.7 .

Thanks in advance,
--
shirasu hiroyuki(hirsh@s9.dion.ne.jp)