jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Florey" <daniel.flo...@web.de>
Subject Re: Order of events question
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:11:53 GMT
Hi,
I've implemented the event framework that is used in Slide. All event that occur inside a
single transaction remain their order and this is very userful:
If you for example add a resource and delete the same resource afterwards, an event filer
can be used to sort out double events. This is extremly useful if you want to update a search
index after (or before) transaction commit. As this is time consuming, event optimization
is very, very useful. This can only be achieved, when the event order is preserved.
Cheers,
Daniel