jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Florey" <daniel.flo...@web.de>
Subject Re: Order of events question
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:11:53 GMT
I've implemented the event framework that is used in Slide. All event that occur inside a
single transaction remain their order and this is very userful:
If you for example add a resource and delete the same resource afterwards, an event filer
can be used to sort out double events. This is extremly useful if you want to update a search
index after (or before) transaction commit. As this is time consuming, event optimization
is very, very useful. This can only be achieved, when the event order is preserved.