jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Gehner" <wgeh...@infonoia.com>
Subject Jackrabbit DBPersistenceManager
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:05:55 GMT
Dear David, Dear Stefan,

We are pleased to submit  to you in your role as Jackrabbit committers our DBPersistenceMgr
as potential contribution for Jackrabbit.

It's a checkout of the most recent project including our additions. It is
available for download at http://www.infonoia.com/files/dbPersistenceMgrProjectInfonoia.zip
(15.5MB)

It is hooked into the default workspace.xml, it also links to a readme.txt with db setup instructions.

It is a concept as to how relational database access could be implemented, benefitting from
Apache iBatis
that helps map sql to code in a flexible way, and allows to keep sql outside the code. It
uses PostgreSQL as database,
but can easily be plugged to virtually any relational db that has a working jdbc driver or
a jndi DataSource.

Our suggestions on using the DAO pattern as we understand it for PersistenceManagers found
elsewhere in the newsgroup
are an outgrowth of  this implementation; this implementation, however, uses the *current*
PersistenceMgr api,
so it does *not* (yet) implement what we suggest in this regard. The db schema part of this
is *not* in any way meant to be a recommended ER design, as you will see this can easily be
modified, and improved on. All we wanted to do with the DbPersistenceMgr is to show a way
we can CRUD to a or any DB via the JCR api.

So far, this implementation should pass the *api* UnitTests, nothing else.

We would kindly ask you to review the code for inclusion in the Jackrabbit Source along with
other persistence managers you have checked in. Please email your feedback directly to me.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Gehner

Infonoia S.A.
rue de Berne 7