jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public NodeType Library (pntl)
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:07:01 GMT
hi rolf,

> Interesting discussion here. I have to admit I'm not a semantic web
> profi, but we/I in Lenya land have the idea to describe things like
> workflow (and maybe other parts) with, eh, ontologies. We then would use
> those _conceptual_ metadata to describe workflow of documents.
> This is just a draft idea maybe only living in my head, and I'm not sure
> if we should attach the wf meta data direct to document nodes or keep
> them separate. We aren't that far in that discussion, yet.

i think the workflow would be a very interesting topic to agree upon.
since it has a very limited scope. i would also not call it meta information
it is just application data in my mind and the application happens to be a
"workflow" application.

currently we (day software) model our workflow in a fashion that
is directly attached to the "document" (well, content really... ).

i think it should not be too difficult to model a nodetype that could
be directly attached as a mixin to a document or just refer to it.

i would be very interested in having a discussion thread to
see if we can reach any consensus on a minimal "workflow"
nodetype that we could use as an example workflow model
in our applications... anybody interested?

regards,
david